Wednesday, July 23, 2008

3 Weeks to Go

In only 3 short weeks I will be on my way to Tanzania. Chambray, the folk group I sing and play with, is sponsoring a Garden Party benefit for this trip, so come on over to my place on Sunday Aug. 10th from 2-4pm, listen to some music, walk among the flowers or relax by the pond.

I recently had the "pleasant" experience of immunizations...ouch! Three shots (cholera, polio and the last Hep A) and need to take typhoid and malaria drugs...the joys of global travel.

Received an e-mail from Pr. Andrea. His return home has been full of joy. He hasn't been home in 2 years, so the homecoming has been sweet for him. He gave me about 20 Swahili words to practice and I can't wait to try them out.

I am so grateful to all of you for your support, encouragement and prayers. It is a humbling and exciting time. I know God has some exciting things planned!

No comments: